The Landscape Nursery Specialist is responsible for assisting with the procurement, monitoring and tracking of all inventory, hard and soft goods for the maintenance team. This person will be required to keep accurate records and to monitor the budget for all materials purchased (overall and per project) The purchasing associates’ primary job role is to assist with all aspects of having all materials purchased to Blade quality and delivered on time as to not disturb the production cycle.
we're looking for a Landscape Nursery Specialist
about this role
- Assist with purchasing and procuring materials as needed, ordering for delivery or physically picking items up
- Monitor scheduling systems for upcoming projects/materials requirements
- Assist purchasing manager with all departmental communications
- At office at 6:45 AM to assist with crew dispatch
- Assist with stock and managing shop inventory. Track all items and which jobs they are being allocated to
- Organize and label groups of materials for crew to take to clients o Monthly inventory
- Dead stock, monitor and document give-aways
- Maintain plants in stock at the yard
- Make sure plants are watered
- Hand watering
- Monitor and maintain irrigation system with irrigation team
- Make sure plants are organized, and extras are used as much as possible
- Maintain supply of yard stock items – bagged goods, fertilizers, etc.
- Implement improvements to existing purchasing processes and delivery systems
- Continue to work on and improve internal CRM system
- Keep materials and item lists up to date
- Maintain a good rapport with subcontractors, vendors and suppliers
- Must attend monthly meetings
- Compile receipts, organize and reconcile against weekly statements, put in to quickbooks
- Close work orders
- Answer all relevant billing questions and assist with change requests
- Coordinate timing of tent installation for spring and winter seasons
- 1 year minimum residential and commercial landscape construction experience with interest in gaining deep knowledge of plant material
- Ideal candidate will have a valid driver’s license with clean DMVR
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be professional in appearance and actions.
- Must be detail oriented and quality driven.
- Must be well organized with strong communication skills (Written and verbal) and ability to multi-task.
- Must have the ability to be proactive, plan ahead and problem solve to minimize disruption, errors, risks and keep project on-task, within budget and on-time.
- Absolute essential ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to travel, work overtime, weekends, and possibly, although rarely, holidays should the workload warrant.
- Landscape industry certification is a huge plus.
a Blade of Grass is an equal opportunity employer. Please know that all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
detail oriented and quality driven
proactive problem solver
strong communication skills